Leave a comment on paragraph 2 0
Executive Summary Paragraph
Our product offers a digital template to produce a database of interconnected, individual stories that are customized according to the particular subject matter, and entirely produced by students using multi-media content. Routes is the synthesis of two structures:
1) an application which facilitates the production of content-rich, student-created e-books, and
2) a website that provides supportive archival sourcing, many distinctive stories to choose from, and the process of student-driven investigation.
Thus Routes provides a comprehensive learning space that encourages student centered project based learning.
Leave a comment on paragraph 3 0
• Many current trends in education point to a more expensive, less personal, and less engaged experience.
• There is a need for innovative digital strategies in education that identify and aide current problems in education.
• The current utilization of digital learning is linear in that it takes for granted the current teaching strategy that focuses on the student as the recipient of learning as opposed to the producer of the learning themselves.
• Classrooms have become bigger, students have become more anonymous to teachers and learning has become more of a passive process.
Leave a comment on paragraph 4 0
• Digital learning options are being incorporated into education at nearly all grade levels
• There is an opportunity to present learning strategies use digital media and interaction to supplement a learning process geared towards more student-produced interactive media.
• Using individual stories occurring throughout history, students can investigate personal stories that broaden their understanding of historical and cultural trends, while at the same time producing multi-media digital content that supplements successful project-based learning.
Leave a comment on paragraph 5 0
Our Product comes in two parts:
1) Routes Application
• An application used by students that acts as a “fill-in-the-blank” digital textbook/e-book, which traces individual stories using text content, pictures, video and interactive media (such as a quiz game).
• The application’s design framework is already in place such that students need only collaborate, research, and apply content to the app.
• The content embedded in these interconnected timelines/spacelines will have several levels of complexity, each level corresponding to a deeper level of research; i.e., primary source documents and thorough research on the university/graduate level.
• Specific design questions and technical implementation of design will be determined with more in-depth.
2) Routes Website
• The website will contain an archive of all the accumulated content from student research groups.
• The website will act as a resource for the process of student led research and investigation of sources.
• It will contain a database of individual stories to choose from, the beginnings of source material, and a process to lead students to discover online databases of academic sources and multi-media resources.